It has been said that a friend is one who knows who you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become and allows you to grow. The 1820 Col. Benjamin Stephenson House is a restored historic home that has allowed visitors and program participants to experience the life and times of early Edwardsville and Illinois in an interactive, hands-on manner for more than a decade.
The Friends organization ensures that this Illinois and Edwardsville landmark’s contribution to the state and nation is preserved for present and future visitors to experience.
In 2000, the Friends of the Col. Benjamin Stephenson House was formed as a not-for-profit group to assist with fundraising, administration and program activities for the house. As a Friend you are an important and integral part of the continuation and growth of funding, operation and programming at The 1820 Benjamin Stephenson House. Your membership provides:
· Docent-guided tours of the house each Thursday through Sunday;
· Classroom programs for more than 1500 students in partnership with District 7 and other school districts annually. These programs support the schools’ State core history curriculum for each grade level;
· Youth camps which provide a focused historical experience for students;
· Authentic furnishings, garb, cooking, laundry and other daily activity demonstrations, and cultural experiences for visitors;
· Opportunities for community volunteers and students to participate in a living history interpretive center;
· Expertise of an on-site Director to ensure the authenticity of the activities and environment of the museum.
Without your annual membership support, the house could not stay in operation.
Thomas & Donna Bardon
Kendrick & Donna Bisset
Doug & Maxine Callies
Dr. & Mrs. A. Michael Crider
Sid & Jane Denny
Kevin & Sue Doak
Thomas & Gloria Fayollat
Great Rivers and Routes Tourism Bureau
Don & Glenda Klingsick
William & Susan Lucco
Amy Maher John & Amy Mullane
Pat & Carol Peterson
David & Pat Peverly
Benjamin & Ramona Pollard
Michael & Marian Smithson
Bart & Meg Solon
Phil & Janet Stack
Ronald & Nancy Stevens
Weber & Rodney Funeral Home
Roger & Sarah Weber
David & Kay Werner
David & Michelle Yates
James & Gloria Zupanci